Submit Gomez Award Nominations by April 12
The Tuberous Sclerosis Alliance grants the Manuel R. Gomez Award to individuals who have made a significant impact on our understanding of TSC in research and/or have impacted the delivery of clinical care for individuals with TSC.
The award is given in memory of Manuel R. Gomez, MD (1928-2006), the “Father of TSC” in the United States. A dedicated physician-scientist, Dr. Gomez provided care and compassion for hundreds of individuals with TSC while conducting some of the pioneering research in the field.
To nominate someone for the Manuel R. Gomez Award, please prepare a letter that describes how the nominee has contributed to clinical practice and/or research in the TSC field. Please send the letter and the nominee’s curriculum vitae by email to email@example.com or by mail to Tuberous Sclerosis Alliance, Attn: Katie Smith, 801 Roeder Road, Suite 750, Silver Spring, MD 20910. Applications are accepted until April 12, 2019.
Past Gomez Award Recipients
- Mark Nellist, PhD, Erasmus MC
- Chris Kingswood MB, BS, FRCP, Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust
- Julian Sampson, DM, FRCP, FMedSci, Cardiff University
- Paolo Curatolo, MD, Tor Vergata University Hospital of Rome
- Petrus J. de Vries, MBChB, MRCPsych, PhD, University of Cape Town
- John J. Bissler, MD, University of Tennessee Health Science Center
- Martina Bebin, MD, MPA, University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Howard Weiner, MD, Texas Children’s Hospital (formerly at New York University Medical Center)
- Mark Mausner, MD
- Sergiusz Jóźwiak, MD, PhD, Children’s Memorial Health Institute
- Elizabeth A. Thiele, MD, PhD, Carol and Jim Herscot Center for Children and Adults with TSC at Massachusetts General Hospital
- Ann Hunt, Tuberous Sclerosis Association
- David Neal Franz, MD, Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center
- Elizabeth Petri Henske, MD, Brigham and Women’s Hospital (formerly at Fox Chase Cancer Center)
- Hope Northrup, MD, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston
- Steve Roach, MD, The Ohio State University College of Medicine (formerly at Wake Forest University)
- David Kwiatkowski, MD, PhD, Brigham & Women’s Hospital
- Vicky Whittemore, PhD, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (formerly at the Tuberous Sclerosis Alliance)